Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Hey, There! There is another music book out there with little Nina pictures in it!
Spoiler Alert: Book 1 includes a little love story between a charming young squirrel and a lovely pig. There will be seven books in the Energize Your Fingers Every Day series and I have had the most fun illustrating the first three, looking forward to working on the next four.
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Thursday, January 3, 2013
The talented and adorable Jessica Freeburg surprised me with a Liebster the other day. Thanks, Jess! I still don't know what the heck a Liebster is, but it was super nice of Jessica to honor me with one. So, what I need to do is post 11 random facts about myself, answer the 11 questions that Jessica asked me, then nominate 11 blogs for zee Liebster. Here goes...
Eleven Random Nina Facts:
1) I didn't have a middle name until I got married.
2) Can't wait for season 3 of Downton Abbey to begin.
3) My first car was a 1980 Plymouth Champ.
4) My blood type is O negative.
5) I haven't ever traveled outside of the United States.
6) Cooking isn't my favorite, but I love to bake!
7) If I had superpowers, I'd love to be able to fly and talk to animals.
8) Last concert I attended: Jeremy Messersmith.
9) I don't care for fancy herbal teas.
10) Still hope to have my own horse someday.
11) I collected postage stamps when I was a kid.
Eleven Questions from Jessica:
1) What did you want to be when you grew up?
A jockey, a marine biologist, and/or a veterinarian.
2) Who was your celebrity crush as a kid?
3) Favorite movie?
White Christmas, Married to the Mob, How to Murder Your Wife, Rear Window, What About Bob?
(sorry, it was hard to just choose one!)
4) Favorite book/author/illustrator?
Owl at Home, written and illustrated by Arnold Lobel
5) Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
I think I do, but haven't ever met one. We had a lot of forks go missing at our old house...
6) What is your stupid human trick?
Making up an endless stream of puns.
7) If you could go back in time and tell your teenage self one thing, what would it be?
Don't take Mom's grocery-getter for your driving test, you'll knock down cones and fail!
8) Most embarrassing moment?
I have a few, but they don't bear repeating...
9) What’s the one thing you’d most like to be remembered for when you’re gone (you know, dead…sorry, kind of morbid, but it’s a deep thought kind of question).
I think it would just be nice to be remembered at all...
10) Do you talk to yourself (out loud, when no one else is around)?
Yes. Most commonly heard saying, "Ah, whoops!"
11) What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
Cheetos and Dr. Pepper.
Now I'd like to nominate these talented bloggers with Liebsters of their very own:
Posted by Nina Crittenden
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Gordy is ready to choose the Mystery Prize Winner!
We paws to find out who it is....
Congratulations, Cathy D!
Your Mystery Prize is a
2013 Hello, Gordy! Calendar
12 months of cuteness!
Wishing you all a supremely wonderful 2013
Posted by Nina Crittenden