Sunday, November 23, 2008

Dog Blog

Here is a little bloggie from a sketch from the book. He is my friend Ruth's borzoi, Raleigh, who passed away a few years ago. He was really a cool dog, I always shared my Triscuits with him at lunchtime when I worked at the U.
Well, I really had high hopes to finish everything this weekend and take a nice nap, but I am happy enough that I finished a couple more sketches. Tomorrow will hopefully bring feedback on the last set of sketches I submitted. Since this is a dog blog, our own Larry boy will be going to the vet to get his teeth cleaned tomorrow, so I hope that goes well, too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll get there, Nina! Just keep it up! I just uploaded a ton of sketches to my publisher this afternoon, so I'm pretty relieved, but boy do I have a messy condo to clean up! Good luck to Larry on the teeth-cleaning.

Signed,

Your Comrade in Arms

Nina Crittenden said...

Hello, Comrade! Good job with your sketches, and to heck with the messiness! Embrace it! Larry did great (no cavities) and barked the whole time he was at the vet's. I think they were glad to send him home...

aimee said...

what a sweet little pup! good luck w/this next round of sketches :)

Nina Crittenden said...

Thanks, Aimee! I am kind of running out of gas, hopefully a good night's sleep will re-energize me!

Unknown said...

Nina...
I hope you are aware that your asking Rudy for some photos of Raleigh led directly to the two new borzoi pups now living with us! I hold you responsible!!! :) Fortunately, they are pretty cool 'little' dogs... :)

Ron

Nina Crittenden said...

I can accept tha blame for that one, Old Doc Mandsager!