Monday, February 9, 2009

Paint

This is the tray of Prang watercolors that I paint with. I have had them since high school. I had retired them because I had decided that I wasn't good at painting. This is exactly the way they are oriented when I paint, too. Black in the lower right corner. I am glad that I decided to give them a try again. I love to paint. I found out today that my beautiful, fabulous, 140 pound hot pressed watercolor paper smells like burned chocolate when it is covered with paint. I kept saying to my kids, "Do you smell that? What's burning?" Oh, man. I figured out it was the paper just as I finished pages 2&3 for the book today. Wish I could show you guys! Here is a teensy bit from the painting that won't give anything away.... Next up: a coloring page for the kindergarten Valentine's Day party!


4 comments:

aimee said...

i had a similar experience in high school. it's so nice to see that you've come back to your art.

Sharon Wagner said...

I can't believe that your still using the same tray! I think at night little elves come to add little bits of extra paint here and there. Not enough to notice.

Nina Crittenden said...

I am glad to have re-discovered watercolors, and must be a very stingy painter.... I'll have to take another photo next year to see if we can see a difference!

Amy Vasterling said...

You are such a tease Nina! I like the flowers, IF THAT IS REALLY WHAT THEY ARE! What if they are part of a big dress? What if it is a CAKE or worse yet a cookie that I CAN'T SEE??? I need to see cookies, all the time please. I'm drooling now, I better go wipe up it is beginning to get wet around here wet enough that your paints would have run away by now. Wait, does your paint have feet?