Thursday, August 26, 2010

Nature Boy

Thought it might be nice to post something different today and share a little more than what I just finished working on...
There are a few songs that I have been listening to a lot lately that have really touched a chord with me (pun intended). This version of Nat King Cole's Nature Boy by Pomplamoose is simply perfect (I just love her voice). "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." How wonderful is that?
Learnalilgivinanlovin by Gotye is another song that I just adore.
Miracles by Jeremy Messersmith is another favorite. I just really love to listen to music while I draw and paint. It really makes me happy. My husband is a soccer fan, so I also love to listen to Bobby McMahon and Jeremy St. Louis on the Fox Soccer Channel (since my studio is really just a desk in our porch) and now seem to have a teensy crush on José Mourinho.
Guess that's all. I have really been feeling grateful for so many things lately. Thankful for my wonderful family and amazing friends, and that I can be home with my kiddies and draw a little, too. Still can't believe I illustrated a book. That was one of the things I always hoped would happen when I was young, but never actually thought it would. I feel like I should have written "Dear Diary" at the top of this post! Dang! My heart is on my sleeve, always. It does get cold in Minnesota, so layering helps! Sending you all much love and happiness! nvc

No comments: