Tuesday, December 8, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

First of all, this has nothing to do with The Wizard of Oz. It is about a magical place called Kansas...My dear friend, Amanda, moved to Kansas a while back. Amanda is a native Minnesotan, and we've been friends forever... She is a busy mom and marathon runner and a very talented lady with a darling shop on Etsy where she sells her Felted Fun Creations. Look at the adorable napkins rings she made! Aren't they sweet? Almost as sweet as she is...
Amanda is friends with Christy (who also lives in Kansas). When I was first trying to get information about illustrating children's books, Amanda put me in touch with Christy. I was blown away by Christy's kindness, support, and the incredible amount of information she gave me. Christy is an accomplished author and illustrator of books for kids (along with also being a busy mom) and also creates beautiful paper goods at The Petite Press. Her artwork is wonderful, charming, and absolutely beautiful. This is one of her books:
I found Aimee's blog when visiting Christy's blog one day. Aimee (another busy mom in Kansas) creates fabulous artsy doodles and is an absolute riot. I have been having a great time getting to know her! This is a photo of the gypsy that hangs over my desk. I look at it and feel inspired every day! Visit her Doodleshop on Etsy to see more of Aimee's work! Love it!
So, I hope that one of these days I'll be able to click my ruby slippers together and grab a cup of coffee with the three coolest chicks in Kansas!

6 comments:

Christy said...

You're so sweet! I've truly enjoyed getting to know the talented Nina as well. We can't wait for you to come visit Kansas. Come on down anytime, and we'll have a big art party!

aimee said...

thank you nina - i feel just the same way about you! what a fun kansas roundup - click your heels and get down here!

astorm said...

Aw - "Sis". Aren't you sweet. Looking to find you some ruby slippers and a bed to sleep on!

Anonymous said...

You know so many cool people Nina! Christy's work is sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

... and I love Amanda's felted creations, too!

Nina Crittenden said...

You guys are the best, and so sorry to hear you've been dealing with Minnesota-like temps! Stay warm!