Wednesday, March 14, 2012

In Jon We Trust

Jon Sciesczka is having a fun little contest on facebook, so I decided to ante up (my contribution is worth $5.25). You can go here to see all the fun entries. The winner will get a bunch of books signed by Jon himself! Very cool!
In other news: I have been busy, busy, busy... The art project I was working on with my daughter's 3rd grade class turned out super cute (I will post some pics another time). I owrked up the nerve and registered for the NESCBWI conference in April, so I made a new illustration to enter in the poster contest they will be having and have been working on character sketches for a book dummy assignment that I'll need to complete before I go. It has been great and I am learning a lot already, but there is still a lot of work to be done. I finished up some flowers for a friend's wedding invitations (will post later, too), and am happily sketching away another batch of spot illustrations for the 3rd book in the piano music series that I have been working on. I am very excited that the first book will be coming out this month, so stay tuned (haha, accidental music pun)! That seems like a lot, I am sure I am missing something. Thanks for stopping by! *hands you a cookie*

1 comment:

Michaele Razi said...

Congrats on both entering the contest and the conference! Good luck to both!