Saturday, March 21, 2009

Honorable Mention

I feel honored to mention that I received an honorable mention at the Reflections show last night along with my friend and fellow illustrator, Barb Bjornson. Best In Show went to the talented and deserving Shawn McCann, who is an amazing artist and a fantastic guy! It was a really wonderful evening, and I enjoyed visiting with lovely art friends and hearing the poets read their winning poems. Have a great weekend, everyone!
p.s. just added a photo Christina took from the show. There is my painting (though these folks are clearly looking at the painting below mine....)

8 comments:

aimee said...

congrats, nina! great news and so well deserved.

barb bjornson said...

My prediction: This is one of many awards you will be receiving. Your painting is awesome and your first book will be too.

Christy said...

Yea!

JenBreeze said...

Congrats, Nina! The stars are beginning to align...

Shawn McCann said...

Congrats congrats congrats Nina! You deserve it!

Nina Crittenden said...

Dang! Thanks supportive friends! I don't know what I'd do without you!

Sharon Wagner said...

It's like an action shot...it's just missing you! Congratulations!

Bella Sinclair said...

OH! Congratulations! This is such an adorable painting. I LOVE the sleepy little starfish!